Saturday, July 12, 2014

July 7, 2014 Letter

Dear Mom & Dad,

Let me know how long this takes to get to y'all.  I've gotten all of the letters you've mentioned, including Jake's and Rachel's.  Everyone in my district  is going to Argentina, 3 to Cordoba and 7 to Mendoza. 

...Fast Sunday was good but long.  Literally fasted for over 24 hours, dinner wasn't until 5 (it is 4:30 on normal days - super early). Fast Sunday was delicious - Chicken Cordon Bleu!  (one of Michael's favorite foods) Their mashed potatoes are awful. 

Haven't heard any apostles or 70 yet, the devotional on Sunday was given by a very talented pianist, Josh Wright.  Only issue I had was that he graduated from the U.  7 of the guys in my district are headed to BYU, so that's good, nobody going to Utah. 

Spanish is going well so far.  Somehow it come about that I am from the "barrio" (the hood).  Nobody else lives anywhere bigger than Pocatello.  That's 60,000.  Crazy how different everybody is, but we all get along for the most part. 

Don't throw too much of my stuff away! 
Much Love,
Michael

P.S.  I'm used to Sunday being a day off.  It wasn't.
P.S.S.  Need more stamps
P.S.S.S.  Happy 41st Mom!

_______________________________________________________

Tweeted from Josh Wright after the devotional on July 6th:
"What a great experience performing at the Provo MTC for such outstanding young missionaries. "

Josh Wright Piano Video - beautiful!






No comments:

Post a Comment