Wednesday, July 23, 2014

July 15th Letter

Mom and Dad,

The weekend was good.  Richard I. Heaton, administrative director of the MTC here in Provo, gave the devotional on Sunday.  It was focused on charity, and the important role it plays and the need for us as missionaries to pray for the gift of charity.

I had not heard about the the Stay family tragedy, that is terrible.  I will add them to my prayers.  Grammy and Grandaddy already were, but I'll put extra emphasis this week.  You would be hard pressed to think of somebody that I don't pray for by name, these nightly prayers are a solid 15 minutes long.  It is hard adjusting to being so far away and not being able to have a direct positive impact and influence.  I don't appreciate being incapable of helping friends and family at home.  Although I'm sure I'm helping indirectly, and once I get to Argentina maybe that feeling will go away. 

I'm glad you all enjoyed the pictures.  That sounds like an ... interesting ice cream flavor. On Wednesdays and Sundays we get little cartons of ice cream from the BYU Creamery. Some are better than others.


Thank you for that quote, it will give me something to think about.

Much Love, Michael





**The quote Michael was referring to was one I had sent him in a letter by President David O. McKay:

"There is one responsibility which no man can evade; that responsibility is his personal influence, a silent, subtle radiation...This radiation is tremendous. Every person who lives in this world wields an influence for good or for evil. It is not what he says alone; it is not alone what he does. It is what he is... Every man has an atmosphere which is affecting every other man. He cannot escape for one moment from this radiation of his character, this constant weakening or strengthening of others."

No comments:

Post a Comment