Monday, November 9, 2015

Zone Training

Hey fam,

Todo bien aquí en Marcos Juarez.  It was a pretty good week.  On Wednesday the Zone Leaders asked me to give another training to the Zone, this time on the importance of the Book of Mormon.  A lot that had to do with the conference we had last week, but more focused on how to use it in our daily lives as missionaries (and after the mission as well).  Whenever I give trainings, I like to focus on the eternal principle behind the concept, the "why" it is important, and not just in the mission. Lots of people give trainings on how to find new people or the importance of the mission schedule, but I prefer the Joseph Smith way- teach the people correct principles and they will govern themselves.

This week we had a miracle, one of the part member families that we have been working with, showed up to church on Sunday!  The woman is a member, but her "husband" (they aren’t married but they live together) isn't a member, and they showed up for all 3 hours yesterday! It was awesome.  They like to go out and party on the weekends, the clubs here open up at 2AM, and the hermana told me that she woke up at 2, planning to go clubbing, but her husband said no we’re going to church, we can`t go out tonight.  And they came, which was fantastic.  And they are planning to come this next week as well, with their 3 kids.  Definitely the highlight of the week!  Plus the huge BBQ this same family made for us after church, it was finger licking good!  That is one thing here in Argentina that I love, the beef!

Church went well this week, I didn't have to teach or speak, just bless the sacrament. My comp is doing well, but transfers are this weekend and he has been here for 4 months, so we will see!  Tell Luke my favorite Christmas song is the Jingle Bell Rock.  Followed by a close second of Mele Kelikimaka. Sounds like you guys had a great week!  I would send more pictures, but I don`t have the luxury of technology like my buddies do.  

Love you all, and read the Book of Mormon!  Daily!


Elder Mangum



No comments:

Post a Comment