Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Sao Paulo Temple, Proselyting and Nathan Pacheco



Sao Paulo temple
 

We went to the Sao Paulo temple this past week and did another endowment session, but they made us use headphones because the session was in Portuguese. The Sao Paulo temple is a lot smaller and is surrounded by city. I like Campinas more, but the inside of Sao Paulo has some cool window glass drawings. 

P-Day I got some good food, an açai ice cream bowl and some meat kabobs. Tomorrow our district plans on walking the perimeter together and getting pastels which is supposed to be similar to kolaches only it is fried, I guess. I´ll find out tomorrow. 

I didn´t hear about the museum in Rio de Janeiro burning, that is sad. The street that we went proselyting on had a museum on it, someone said the street was like the Time Square of Sao Paulo. My companion and I got five referrals. We made sure to talk to a lot of people. I understood the gist of what people were saying most of the time, although I was wishing that I couldn´t when this old dude was trying to tell us that we didn´t believe in God. It was filling me with raiva, some anger. But it is amazing how much I already understand, the good and the bad, haha. 

We had a devotional Wednesday night by a guy named Nathan Pacheco which was different because he was a singer and so he sang some and talked some, in English! He is from Virginia and served in Brazil. Then Thursday we had a special devotional during the day. I was so stoked because I thought it was gonna be an apostle, but nope, it was only the Area Seventy, which was still great. He talked about like mission culture and making sure to be a part of the culture of miracles, of loving the people and having high expectations. Sunday Devotional was the Mission President of one of the Sao Paulo missions and I listened to him without the headphones to translate and understood basically everything he said. He talked about how the people are prepared to meet us and had some cool stories.

Caroline is the real MVP in our family, making sure people don´t steal my spot and carrying out my legacy of always winning. It is great to hear how she defends me even after being gone a month. Feels like I´ve been here forever and am super close to my district, but it also doesn´t seem like it has been that long since when I said bye at the airport. Yet two weeks from today I´ll be in Porto Alegre. Only one more email day at the MTC after today!

Anyway, I love y’all, Boa sorte!
Elder Mangum

Nathan Pacheco

Elder Mangum and his number 1 fan, Caroline

David Archuleta and Nathan Pacheco - The Prayer


No comments:

Post a Comment