Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Independence Day



We went to the Campinas temple again this week, but they didn´t have enough English headphones for us, so while I was fortune enough to have them, other did not. However, I was listening half on and half off and by the end had them completely off. I can understand church Portuguese pretty decent. We had to do the veil in Portuguese without a card which was a bit difficult, but also good. I listened to the speakers at the devotionals Wednesday and Sunday without headphones and while I don´t understand all of it, I understand the big picture and stuff. I don´t remember who spoke Wednesday, but Sunday was a young mission president in Sao Paulo.  On Sunday I had to give the lesson in Priesthood on Christlike attributes, so I just did jeopardy and we had some fun.

Yesterday we started out our infield training, had a TRC with a member where we talked a lot and taught a little message and we´ll watch the recording of that today. I have splits again this week, I´m in another trio with a third weeker American and a Brasilian. We wash our clothes for the last time at the MTC Friday I think. Maybe it´s Saturday. 

We only get to go proselyting once at the CTM, so that was it the other week. This week went by fast. P-Day was pretty fun, my district and I toured the entire edge of the boundaries and got pastels. I´m not really sure how to describe pastels, it is like a fried salty dough on the outside on then whatever on the inside. I got a breakfast one, like a bacon, ham, and egg. It was decent. If we go again this week, though, I´m definitely grabbing a dessert one with chocolate inside. 

Thursday was cool too because it was Brasilian Independence Day, so they dressed up the cafeteria, gave us a really nice lunch with steak with cheese on it and french fries and gave us sorvete after. I love chocolate sorvete.

Nothing big happened for the rest of the fifth week. Weird to think about that the next time I´ll be emailing you, I´ll be in my mission because we leave super early next Tuesday morning. I think we fly. Elder Houser was talking to someone who was leaving to Porto Alegre South and they left at 5:45 in the morning to the airport and left at like 8. The days are definitely long but the weeks are going by fast now!

Love you all!
Elder Trevor Mangum

No comments:

Post a Comment