Monday, September 7, 2015

September

Hey fam,

The week went well.  Nothing too crazy, no eating of cow heart this week.  We got to teach quite a few lessons, and put more baptismal dates on people as goals for the 19th of September, but alas, they did not show up to church.  Looks like this week we will be spending quite a bit of time on the importance of the Sabbath day. All in all a good week, the ward started playing volleyball as a ward activity every Tuesday night, and the elders quorum president asked us to go.  We also decided that we would start doing English classes every Wednesday night, starting this week, so that will be fun.  All 4 missionaries in the ward are from the States, so hopefully we will be able to teach a little something.  

Sunday went well, the sisters had an old investigator of ours in church, so that was good.  Fast Sunday went pretty smoothly. Today for Pday we went to Cordoba Capital and a zone and played paintball.  It was a blast.  Definitely not something I was expecting to be able to do on the mission, but President gave us permission, so we went for it.  There are rumors that this week we will have interviews with president, and there is also a shot that we go to the temple as a district again. My comp will be participating in the talent show, we will see what I do.  This week we did set up an FHE where I will be making Mom’s famous chocolate chip cookies, so I will let y’all know how that goes.  The most interesting thing that happened this week was on Saturday night, I wasn’t exactly in the best of moods, and my comp had us stop in the middle of the street and pray to find somebody to teach.  He prayed, and then said "the next street over, house on the corner."  We went, knocked, and he just asked for a glass of water in his limited Spanish, and the woman let us pass into her house and we taught both her and the people who were there visiting the restoration.  

I did hear that Argentina was in Houston playing Bolivia, I think they won 7-0 or something like that.  I also heard that BYU had a crazy comeback win against Nebraska.  We had a Utahn move into the ward this past week, Kenny Nielson is his name, he went to BYU, and told me all about the game at church on Sunday.  Definitely made my day.  

Hope everybody is doing well.

Love,


Elder Mangum

No comments:

Post a Comment