Monday, September 21, 2015

FHE's and P-Days



Hey fam,

The week was good, nothing too crazy here in Carlos Paz. We found quite a few new people to teach, but once again nobody showed up to church.  It’s hard to work all week and then Sunday rolls around and nobody comes, but we just have to keep our heads up and go work even harder this next week.  Monday night we had an FHE with a family, who surprised us by inviting two of their friends to come and listen to us, it went really well and we gave them both Books of Mormon with the commitment to read and pray about it. Wednesday were English classes, we only had 2 students show up, but all in all it went well.  

Thursday we were able to have an FHE with the less active Family Pelegri, and talk about the importance of having reading the Book of Mormon be a daily habit that will help them.  We are trying to help the dad, Alberto, stop smoking so that he can be able to baptized his daughter when she turns 8 in a couple of months.  This weekend we were able to also have a dinner with the Nielson Family, the RM who served here a few years ago who is living here for a few months.  Sunday we had several good classes, I really enjoyed the class in priesthood that focused on "orgullo" or being prideful.  We talked that a lot of times the spirit of contention comes from us being prideful.  So it’s a lot better to be humble!

Things with my comp are going well, there are only 2 weeks left in the transfer, so we are trying to go out with a bang and find lots of new people to teach.  He is going to play the piano in the talent show, I have no idea what I am going to do.  I plan on making cookies again, maybe that will be my talent.  

We didn't eat anything too crazy this week, quite a few lunches and dinners of empanadas. A normal breakfast for us is a cup of chocolate milk or maybe mate.  My favorite thing to do on pday is rest, maybe take a nap, and write everybody who takes their time to write me.  Today on Pday we went to the zoo in Cordoba and then played soccer with the zone. 

I am currently on intercambios cruzados in a different area, it is exchanges with all of the zone.  I am with Elder Flores from Mexico, the elder who replaced me when I left Rio Ceballos, so we will have a lot to talk about in the next day or so!  I am looking forward to it.  The exchange is from today until Wednesday.

They haven't told us anything about when we will have fast Sunday, before or after conference.  I do get to give a training to all of the stake youth next Sunday, they are having a huge activity for future missionaries, everybody from ages 12-25, and the Stake YM president, who lives in my ward, wants me and my companion to give a couple of workshops.  I hope I can be able to help the youth, we are doing a pretty good job in the ward, so hopefully we can make an impact on the stake level. It will be fun.  

I am glad to hear that everybody is doing well at home.  I hope everybody has a fantastic week, and that Jake has a very Feliz Cumpleaños!

Love,

Elder Mangum







No comments:

Post a Comment