Monday, December 10, 2018

Transfers




Today is transfers.  I am staying put, my new companion is Elder Banda, a missionary who already passed through Feitoria who will end the mission with me this transfer (which means I´ll be able to go to the temple at the end of this transfer!) Turns out Elder Banda is from Texas, on the border of Mexico, his parents are both from Mexico, I think. 

Not much happened this week, people traveled this weekend so no baptisms.  We did some service moving wood that was a house I think.  We had an activity at the church, a birthday celebration for one of Bruna´s kids, Léo. While we were there, Elder Favoretti felt a sensation to go check what was going on outside.  We saw a person in the entrance of the parking lot and went to talk with her.  We gave her a tour of the church and introduced her to Bishop and she wants to be baptized, so we´ll see how things go this week.

Also this week, we learned that Pedro received a personal response that the church is true. He started off by saying, I know that God won´t strike down a tree to show me that the church is true, but I prayed for him to show me through something that would not happen without the influence of God and it happened. He explained and essentially, his dad hates religion and is always bashing religion and people who participate, and he prayed that when he told his dad he was going to church last Sunday, that his dad wouldn´t care. His dad just went OK. And that was it. He says he knows the church is true, just has to work through some things so I plan on working with him this week to help him be baptized this Sunday, so we´ll see how things go.

I´m feeling really great.  The rest of P-Day last week was great, we went to Parque Imperatriz which I´ll send the pictures in a little bit. Sunday was the sacrament meeting of the Primary which was super good. We have our ward Christmas party this Friday night.  

We had several churrascos this week for lunch from families saying goodbye to Elder Favoretti, but he´s still in the same zone so I´ll see him every week.

I´ll have to travel to Novo Hamburgo in not too long to meet up with my companion at 3 and Elder Favoretti to meet up with his companion. Have a good week!

Love,

Elder Trevor Mangum

3 month holy shoes, wearing those soles out!



Primary Program






No comments:

Post a Comment