Monday, December 3, 2018

December!




Trying on Favoretti´s "funk" glasses that someone gave him and posing. Funk is kind of like Brazil´s version of rap, but different, a more wild-like sound.

Hey Everyone!

Life is going great here, although I woke up at five in the morning, went to the bathroom, threw up, brushed my teeth, and went back to bed, so I probably ate something that didn´t set well yesterday so we´ll see how the rest of P-Day goes.


This week we didn´t have a baptism, with the family of Keila and Julia both traveling on Sunday. We´re sitting there in sacrament as it´s starting and Julia walks in with the family of her member friend, Camila. We look at each other, run home to grab her form for Bishop to sign after her confirmation, and I performed my first confirmation in Portuguese which was exciting but also stressful, but all went well.

This week we really wanted to run into Robson or his son Gustavo because a week or two back, we ran into Gustavo who said he was about to turn nine. Robson is a member who´s inactive and apparently came to church before I arrived in Feitoria when Elder Favoretti was still here and asked for his son to be baptized but nothing happened. Ana, Roseli´s daughter told us where she thought their house was. She was mistaken, and we wandered around for a while. We´re walking and I say a silent prayer in my mind to please please let us find them. Elder Favoretti says we´ll go to where Gustavo gave directions to the other week and as we´re walking there, a random person stops us and says she is a member from Sao Leopaldo who moved here and went inactive for a while and wants to return, but is moving to another house here in Feitoria and will call us this week after the move to schedule an appointment. Then we´re walking, Elder Favoretti goes "you remember what Gustavo looks like right", and I go "Yeah…Actually no I don´t." Then we walk two or three steps I glance to the right down a street and go "Wait isn´t that him" and there was Gustavo, had him lead us directly to his house and visited his father another day and Gustavo´s birthday is this upcoming Sunday, my last day with Elder Favoretti is the first day that we can baptize him because we can´t baptize the children of members that are only 8 years old. 

Next week, Sunday night December 9th we´ll receive a call and next Monday we´ll travel for transfers. Elder Favoretti thinks I´ll stay here in Feitoria and he´ll leave, but there´s also the possibility of both of us leaving, so we´ll see next week.

It is great to be in December! I think I´ll be passing Christmas Day in the house of Irma Roseli, so I´ll probably do Skype there.

Love y’all,
Elder Trevor Mangum

No comments:

Post a Comment