Tuesday, April 21, 2015

A New Companion

Hey fam,

It was a pretty good week.  A week of goodbyes really, as my comp and one of our zone leaders are headed home back to Peru after 2 years of service.  I ended up staying in the capital the majority of the week, so not much news on the Aimogasta front.  My new companion is Elder Reyes, a 19 year old from Chile.  He has 6 months in the mission.  I have been called as the new District Leader.  So that will be fun. 

Saturday the majority of the Zone got together at the Tanner's house, and we had hot dogs and brownies at the transfers were read out loud.  That was pretty fun, about as close to a party as I am going to get for the next year!  It was a lot of fun though.

Sunday I talked on the importance of listening the prophet's counsel, and then spoke on the temple.  The Cordoba Temple open house has already started, so we are trying to plan a trip to be able to go and see that in the next 2 weeks.  It’s expensive, but it will be worth it.  They have pictures of the inside on Mormon Newsroom, it is really cool, you can almost feel the spirit of the temple by just looking at the pictures.  

The pension is worse than last week, now the water doesn't drain in the shower, so today I will have to call a plumber and get that fixed.  13 people at church, so an improvement from last week. 

Sounds like y’all had a great week, with Luke’s birthday and the grandparents coming down to visit.  I stayed with the other Zone Leader in the capital since his comp was headed to Cordoba.  All in all, 6 people from the zone left in the bus at 1 AM this morning headed for Cordoba for transfers.  My comp got here at 6 this morning, I am running on about 3 hours of sleep.  Something I studied this week...The Infinite Atonement.  Just how deep the Atonement really is, it is quite amazing.  The most delicious thing I ate were the grilled hotdogs from Grandpa Tanner.  I have not gotten that package yet, but I will be looking forward to it.  The most interesting thing that happened this week was that the bus last night started to leave, then they had a surprise Public Transportation inspection by the government, so my old comp and everybody had to get off, and I walked up to him and said "Welcome to Peru, is this how you remember it?"  (He always bashes on Argentina and how Peru is so much better) we both got a laugh out of that.  He was definitely one of those guys who was ready to head home.  That is exciting that Moises comes home this week, I remember when he left, crazy that was 2 years ago!

Love you all!


Elder Michael Mangum



Lifting Burdens: The Atonement of Jesus Christ






What is a Temple?


No comments:

Post a Comment