Monday, January 12, 2015

Baptisms!

Baptism of Hermana Venites

This week was a fantastic week.  It flew by, and ended yesterday with the birthday of my companion and 2 baptisms!  I finally got to break out my white pants and go for a swim, it was awesome.  We had a zone meeting on Wednesday with all of the missionaries in this province of Argentina, with a focus on finding new investigators and improving our teaching.  It was a lot of fun, there was one practice that we did where me and another missionary had to contact as many people as possible in a plaza in 3 minutes to find the "chosen/most prepared" potential investigator.  All the roles were played by other missionaries, but that was a lot of fun, it made me realize, or re-recognize (if that is a word) that with the spirit, it isn't difficult to see who is and isn't interested.  Although at the same time, everybody has potential, some just more than others.  

Elder Mangum and Elder Munoz


Baptisms this week, I know I haven't really been saying much about who we've been teaching, but it was a mother and her 15 year old daughter, the Familia Venites.  I baptized and confirmed the mother, my comp did the same for the daughter. We started teaching them the first day I got here in this area, and the progress has been slow and steady, but they arrived!  It was really a neat experience, I baptized from my knees and she was sitting down in the little mini pool we have.  It was really a special experience to help somebody make this covenant, this promise by our Heavenly Father.

Ready ready for his talk   ;0


This week I spoke in church on the sacrament, basing my talk off of the 2 given in this past general conference.  Once again I directed and presided over everything, and we had 15 people show up!  Nearly double the highest we have had since I have been here.  Didn't eat anything too strange this week, just a lot of milanesas.    We dry our clothes on a stick of wood that we put on top of 2 chairs, so I guess you could call it a clothesline of sorts. The most interesting person I have met in Aimogasta would have to be the Hermano Chumbita, the family we reactivated on Christmas day.  He sells hot dogs and chori pans for a living, as well as does a radio show and sings on the weekends.  He used to be a taxi driver, as well as many other things.  He was baptized about a year ago.  My favorite primary song would have to be either I'm trying to be like Jesus, or I Hope They Call Me on a Mission.  This week, it would be good to pray for us to be able to find new investigators with the potential to progress.

Laundry Day
Washing clothes in a bucket

It is great to hear that everybody is doing well, and that Jake has a good basketball team with a solid coach.  The coach makes a ton of difference.  I am glad that Hayley and Trev are sticking with piano, it is something that I wish I had done more of.  

Love you all!

Elder Mangum



I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus








No comments:

Post a Comment