Monday, January 14, 2019

Gravatai





Gravatai is a bit bigger than Feitoria, for certain. All the references here are by bus stop and our ward seems to go for a lot of bus stops. We´re working in the 5 stops closest to the church, so it isn´t that bad. We started with nothing this past week, and tried alot and ended up teaching a decent amount of people.  However none of them went to church this Sunday, so a bit good, a bit bad. The ward has a good amount of older people.  Their voices are very calming so it is very difficult to not fall asleep 😊. Second hour was rather odd for us as a missionary; we don´t have the manual to study at home or in the class, so we just sat there for an hour. I´m worried about how the classes second hour will be for investigators who don´t have the manual as well, but at least this year is the New Testament so things are good with that when investigators come. We do indeed study the Bible.
The lunches this past week have fallen through a decent amount, so I´ve bought a lot of Xis Baicons- a hamburger that is a bit wider, with egg, cheese, and bacon.  I have them make it without the salad, tomato, green peas, and corn. Yeah, it is a weird thing, they put a lot of salad stuff on it.

We played basketball and stuff with some YM this morning. Living with 5 others is very different, living with English speakers is weird. With Elder Banda, we only slipped a word or two in English when I didn´t understand or if it wouldn´t make sense in Portuguese, so it was like I was living with a Brazilian who knew English. I already slip into Portuguese when I try to speak English, so I don´t think I´ll get used to speaking English until after a bit at home. I hope my accent gets better.
There have not been any further elevator issues, and we´ve already started using it again. I have splits on Thursday and I´ll go to their area and teach with an American who is almost done with his training, Elder Owens. We are also going to have a FHE with an RM who has a reference for us who he´ll bring. 
Looking forward to a great week!

Love y'all,
Elder Trevor Mangum




No comments:

Post a Comment