Friday, November 23, 2018

Food Poisioning

Happy Birthday Caroline!  
Well this week was a rather different week for several reasons. Elder Favoretti and I both got sick this week, but several days apart, so we lost two days visiting Oban, the public clinic right behind our house. Elder Favoretti´s was the beginning of the week, on Tuesday, and he had gotten food poisoning and that´s why he almost passed out last Saturday and again Tuesday, something he ate. Then this past Thursday we had a ward activity at a park for lunch, apparently it was a holiday, so everyone was off work and school. Anyways, we had churrasco and something you always have with churrasco here is "Mayonese" which is like potato salad. Let´s just say it was very hot on Thursday and apparently I should´ve avoided the Mayonese. However, all the workers at the clinic loved talking to an American and they stuck something in my vein and let it drip in me and I felt better, prescribed some medicine to help with stomach pain and while we were at the clinic waiting for me, we received a phone call to come do service, so while Elder Favoretti helped Brother Jacobs make a cement drive way, I got to sit in the shade, Sister Jacobs brought out their amazing grape juice and happened to have the medicine that I was prescribed and I took it there.

Keila should return home within the next couple of days, I think. Irasema as well, along with her deaf sister that she cares for, also got sick, theirs was Saturday, vomiting and stuff and said if they were better she´d go to church the next day, but didn´t end up going. We also met her daughter that works in Sao Leopaldo this week. Anyways, Irasema is doing great. Church was good, final speaker was the stake YW president who had another great talk about all sorts of stuff, but part was about uniting and uplifting other members, investigators, and recent converts.

This week someone that we´ve only taught the first discussion to, Pedro, who is the boyfriend of an RM came to church and he brought a friend, Murilo. They both really enjoyed it. Pedro has already been to institute and liked that a lot too. 

I don´t know how Thanksgiving works, like yesterday at lunch I saw something about Black Friday and asked if they have Thanksgiving and they said yes so well, we´ll see. We do have zone conference this week again. As long as I don´t get poisoned again and get to eat some good meat, I´ll be alright. I think this Thursday we actually have lunch at Roseli´s based on the calendar, but not sure for certain.  

Have a fun, week long Thanksgiving break! 
Love y’all, boa semana!

Elder Trevor Mangum






Eating ice cream with a giant spoon and drinking tererê after a hot day. Tererê is cold chimarrão, like the one we made is with cold limeade, tastes super good


No comments:

Post a Comment