Tuesday, June 14, 2016

The Penultimate Week

Hey fam,

The penultimate week is in the books!  It was another good one, I was able to do a handful of baptismal interviews throughout the week in the zone, and we had another baptism here in the area, Valeria. I also had a meeting with the Stake President and our Mission President to talk about opening up a new branch here in the stake.  It will be Salsipuedes, which is part of Rio Ceballos (several of my baptisms were in that town).  The plan is to open it up within the next 6 months.  Missionaries will start working there next week, 4 days a week.  We are pretty excited, it was something I had really been pushing for ever since they sent me back to the stake. Sunday night I went to Rio Ceballos and had a meeting with the Bishop there to talk about the logistics of how we were going to start working there.  I also went to Hermana Martinelli's and had pancakes and syrup, just like the old times!

Yesterday was our last mission conference with President Alliaud.  It was by far the best one.  He and the Hermana told us the story of how they met and got married, which was hilarious.  There was a big emphasis on changes, and how changes help us grow.  But we have to be constant in our work, because we are baptizing more than we have in a decade in the mission, and we still have a lot of untapped potential, both in the mission and as individual persons.  

This week I have to do papers and run around the embassies so they can let me out of the country legally.  I will also have my last interview with President, Wednesday and Monday I go to the temple.  Monday I will go to Carlos Paz.  Thursday or Friday I will go work in Rio Ceballos for the last time.  And if all goes well, we should have a baptism or two this last week!  

Love yall!  See you in a week! 

Elder Mangum

No comments:

Post a Comment